Progestogen Injection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amyreynolds83
    Participant

Hi all, wondering if people have experience with progestogen injection? I was on the combined pill years ago, I had my son in May and am on the progestogen pill now – but I’m finding it SO difficult to remember to take it every day! From my (limited) research, I believe the injection has the same effect as mini-pill right? Has anyone experienced any side-effects of it? I guess I’m slightly worried that it’s longer lasting (3 months) if I do have any side-effects. Any advice much-appreciated, thanks!

kathleenking
    Participant

Hi @amyreynolds83
    Lovely to see you here and congratulations on your gorgeous boy!

Is it the normal progesterone pill you are on or the higher dose of Provera (medroxyprogesterone)? The Depot Provera injection is very handy and will replace the progesterone pill in its 12 week dose form. If you tolerate progesterone at the moment you should not notice much of a change.
    Some prescribe the Depot Provera injection more frequently for endometriosis (every 2 weeks) but I believe this has fallen out of practice.
    If you are finding the POP OK at the moment, it’s worth trialing the injection to make life a little easier!
    I had Provera and Depot Provera both on high dose, I didn’t tolerate progesterone well but when reduced the Depot Provera down to 12 week dose it wasn’t as bad.

Let me know how you get on with it x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.